Kennesaw Auto Preventative Maintenance
Preventative maintenance is the key to ensuring that your vehicle will last you for years to come. It also helps you avoid major repairs down the road, which will save you lots of time and money in the long run. Your safety is also important, and preventative maintenance is actually a huge factor in preventing accidents and breakdowns on the road.
The following services are some key examples of preventative maintenance and a general idea of when they should be completed. However, it is important to always refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual for the correct services and intervals that are suited for your vehicle.
- The oil filter should be changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- All fluids should be checked at least once a year, including brake, power steering, transmission, antifreeze, and windshield wiper solvent.
- Tires should always be inflated properly. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency and puts your tires at risk for a blowout. Most newer vehicles have a tire pressure monitor, but in the absence of this, it is recommend that you check tire pressure at least once a month.
- Don’t skip your engine tune-ups. A failing spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency.
- The chassis of your vehicle should be lubricated frequently to extend the life of the suspension system and keep components running smoothly.
- Battery cables and posts should be regularly checked for corrosion and cleaned as needed.
- Lights should be checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, brake and taillights.
- Replace windshield wipers at least once a year, or sooner if they are cracked.
- Inspect belts & hoses regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance and can cause internal leaks and damage.
- Change the air filter regularly and have it checked every other oil change for clogging or damage.
Flyin Wrench in Kennesaw, GA, is a full service automotive shop focusing on the services and repairs of all European makes and models of vehicles. Our shop is staffed with factory trained technicians that have years of experience. Since 1994, our ultimate goal has been to provide 5 star customer service and to maintain a clean shop with a friendly waiting room for our customers. Our family owned and operated auto repair center uses dealer level equipment and genuine parts to ensure quality for your vehicle. We also offer a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty on all parts and a lifetime warranty on our labor.
For all of your vehicle’s preventive maintenance needs, bring your vehicle into the European vehicle experts here at Flyin Wrench in Kennesaw, GA. We look forward to meeting you!